YOGA: Newark Yoga Movement has partnered with the Center to offer free yoga every Monday night 6:30-7:30pm. The Center is a safe space for LGBTQ people; being mindful of this, everyone is welcome to participate. Come with an open heart and get ready to relax your mind, stretch your body, and meet new friends. Classes are free but donations are encouraged. Donations go to the Newark Yoga Movement to teach yoga in schools in Newark and the Center.
CRAFT/CROCHET/KNITTING CIRCLE: a vibrant and energetic community style craft/crochet/knitting circle that meets every Wednesday evening 6-8pm. Anyone interested is welcome to come and enjoy in on the fun! It is always a lively evening of conversation, fun and laughter. The reward of this Circle is our give-back to community by donating to other organizations like Babyland in Newark, Dialysis Unit in NY and Newark’s Broadway House for Continuing Care.
True Colors: the youth and young adult program at the Center. The program is focused on creating a safe and supportive environment for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and questioning young people and their friends between the ages of 16-25. True Colors hosts Chill Night, a drop in night on Friday evenings.
Other services/programs include:
- Free computer and Internet use.
- Local artists gallery space.
- “Cafe Rainbow” coffee and conversations Monday through Friday afternoons.
On the Horizon:
- Creative Writing Workshop on select Tuesday evenings.
- Transgender support groups and workshops.
- Inter-generational discussions with parents and their LGBTQ children.
- Mental Health Counseling.
- Women’s Support groups.
- Community education classes.